[ncl-talk] Sub: Regrid error..

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 8 09:35:22 MST 2017

I am still looking into the seg fault error with the ESMF group. It turns
out that the Intel compiler is doing something under the hood that causes
numerical problems, and we are having to try different compiler options to
fix the problem. Still no luck, but we think we're close.

Meanwhile, since you are setting:

    Opt at SrcGridLat        = P1&lat       ; source grid
    Opt at SrcGridLon        =P1&lon

You do not also want to set this, as it might confuse the issue:

 Opt at SrcGridType    = "0.93deg"

If this doesn't fix the problem, or using a GNU version of NCL/ESMF doesn't
work either, then please email ncl-talk at ucar.edu and let us know.  I may
email you offline to ask if I can have access to your files.

Are your variables large by any chance?  That is, what does the following
output produce?

  printVarSummary(P1)
  printVarSummary(p)

--Mary