[ncl-talk] Masking

Muhammad Omer Mughal m.mughal1 at postgrad.curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 7 06:48:40 MST 2017

Hi

I am using a WRF output file and I did the following changes "ONLY" to the code[ https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/mask_9.ncl] . I want to  mask the temperature in Malaysia using the shape file malay.shp. Can you kindly tell me what else do  I need to change as currently I am not able to see the data masked within Malaysia. I will be grateful for your help

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"

begin
  MASK_INSIDE = True

  a = addfile("./UTC_0.nc","r")
   lat=a->XLAT
   lon=a->XLONG

  minlat=min(lat)
  maxlat=max(lat)
  minlon=min(lon)
  maxlon=max(lon)

 nlat=129
 nlon=210

  lat1d       = fspan(minlat,maxlat,nlat)
  lon1d       = fspan(minlon,maxlon,nlon)

 data = wrf_user_getvar(a, "T2", 0)
 data at _FillValue = -9999

  lat1d       = fspan(minlat,maxlat,nlat)
  lon1d       = fspan(minlon,maxlon,nlon)
  lat1d at units = "degrees_north"
  lon1d at units = "degrees_east"

;---Attach lat/lon coordinate array information.
  data!0      = "lat"
  data!1      = "lon"
  data&lat    = lat1d
  data&lon    = lon1d

  f       = addfile("Shapefile/malay.shp", "r")
  mrb_lon = f->x
  mrb_lat = f->y
  nmrb    = dimsizes(mrb_lon)

  min_mrb_lat = min(mrb_lat)
  max_mrb_lat = max(mrb_lat)
  min_mrb_lon = min(mrb_lon)
  max_mrb_lon = max(mrb_lon)

www.ncl.ucar.edu<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/mask_9.ncl>
www.ncl.ucar.edu
;***** ; mask_9.ncl ; ; Concepts illustrated: ; - Drawing the Mississippi River Basin using data from a shapefile ; - Masking a data array based on a geographical ...

www.ncl.ucar.edu<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/mask_9.ncl>
www.ncl.ucar.edu
;***** ; mask_9.ncl ; ; Concepts illustrated: ; - Drawing the Mississippi River Basin using data from a shapefile ; - Masking a data array based on a geographical ...

Muhammad Omer Mughal
MSc BSc Mechanical Engineering
PhD  Research Scholar
Remote Sensing and Satellite Research Group
Department of Imaging and Applied Physics
Curtin University

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 7962
Fax | +61 8 9266 2377
Mobile | 0470 237 525

Email | m.mughal1 at postgrad.curtin.edu.au<mailto:m.lynch at curtin.edu.au>
Web | http://curtin.edu.au<http://curtin.edu.au/>

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)