[ncl-talk] Error while handling multiple WRF output files

swati shewale shewaleswati16 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 06:48:32 MDT 2017

Dear All,

Trying to plot winds in panel, so opened three files. variables are
properly read from first two file but while reading variable from third
file it shows below error.

fatal:Dimension size mismatch, dimension (0) of left hand side reference
does not have the same size as the right hand side reference after
subscripting.
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 245 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 45 in file
try.ncl

fatal:Dimension size mismatch, dimension (0) of left hand side reference
does not have the same size as the right hand side reference after
subscripting.
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 245 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 46 in file
try.ncl

fatal:Undefined identifier: (uu2) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 48 in file
try.ncl

fatal:Undefined identifier: (vv2) is undefined, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 49 in file
try.ncl

fatal:Variable (u_plane2) is undefined
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 50 in file
try.ncl

To make sure whether third file has any problem itself or not, I tried to
operate it separately, there it does not show any issue. Please let me know
fir any suggestion. Thanks in advance