[ncl-talk] Grib2 files on OpenDAP

Capehart, William J William.Capehart at sdsmt.edu
Wed May 31 09:24:29 MDT 2017

Hi Mary:

On that particular build I am getting the following error when I open an “workstation” in NCL on that MacOS Sierra build…

[wjc at mandrenke:~/GitHub/CESM_time_series_analysis_scripts]% ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2017 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.4.1-11May2017_1446
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0> wks=gsn_open_wks ("pdf","./crashme")
At line 687 of file ngseti.f
Internal Error: get_unit(): Bad internal unit KIND

Ideas?  I’m running  6.4.1-11May2017_1446 of NCL and homebrews gcc.

[wjc at mandrenke:/projects/ECEP/CESM_Ensembles/CESM_time_series_analysis_scripts]% gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (Homebrew GCC 7.1.0 --without-multilib) 7.1.0

I’ve never seen any error like this before.

Bill Capehart <William.Capehart at sdsmt.edu<mailto:William.Capehart at sdsmt.edu>>
Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences Program Coordinator
Civil and Environmental Engineering
201 Mineral Industries Building
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
501 East St Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701-3995
Ph: +1-605-394-1994   Mobile: +1-605-484-4692