[ncl-talk] warning:PlotManagerGetBB: Error setting view values for annotation

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue May 30 12:41:25 MDT 2017

Beáta,

The warning you're getting is a weird one that we don't see very often.

I can't remember at the moment what causes it, but after looking at your
taylor_1.ncl script, I think the problem is likely in our taylor_diagram
code and not your code. I think it's a weird case of taylor_diagram trying
to modify a font height after the plot has already been drawn,

Unfortunately, I need your datasets in order to debug this.

Is it possible to provide all your data files?  If not, can you trim this
example down a little and just provide some of the files?'

Or, if could simply write all the required variables to separate files,
that way you don't have to provide the whole file.

For example, since you need all of these variables:

  p1 = a->pr
  p2 = b->pr
  p3 = c->pr
  p4 = d->pr
  p5 = e->pr
  p6 = f->pr
  p7 = g->pr
  p8 = h->pr
  p9 = i->pr
  p10 = j->pr
  p11 = k->pr
  p12 = l->pr
  p13 = m->pr
  p14 = n->pr
  p15 = o->pr
  p16 = q->pr
  p17 = a1->pr
  p18 = b1->pr
  p19 = c1->pr
  p20 = d1->pr
  p21 = e1->pr
  date = a->time

what you can do is add this code to your script to write out the required
variables, and then send me all of the *nc files if they are not too large:

  p1_out = addfile("p1.nc","c")
  p1_out->p1 = p1

  p2_out = addfile("p2.nc","c")
  p2_out->p2 = p2