[ncl-talk] Overlay contour on contour

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue May 30 09:41:29 MDT 2017

Ross,

If I understand your question correctly, I believe what you want to do is
use the "where" function to set your prec values to missing at values below
a certain level.

For example:

  prec = where(prec.le.0.1,prec at _FillValue,prec)

I've cleaned up your example to allow you to use the native lambert
projection parameters defined on your GRIB file.  You can set
USE_NATIVE_PROJ to False if you don't want this, and you will get the
original map projection you had.

See the attached plots and modified script.

--Mary