[ncl-talk] Get hourly values from cumulative 24hr sum

Orestis ospeyer at meteo.noa.gr
Tue May 30 08:51:02 MDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I have a variable ACUM that is accumulated every hour for a total of 24
hours (like accumulated rainfall to give an example).

I would like to get the variable's value for each hour.

Variable: ACUM

Type: float

Total Size: 95232 bytes

            23808 values

Number of Dimensions: 3

Dimensions and sizes:   [time | 24] x [rlat | 32] x [rlon | 31]

I want to use something like this:

do nt =0,22,1

           ACUM_HOURLY= ACUM(nt+1,:,:)- ACUM (nt,:,:)               ;For
example hour 5th hourly value  is hour 5th value minus hour 4th value

end do

but in this way I do not get an array for ACUM_HOURLY but only one time
dimension:

Variable: ACUM_HOURLY

Type: float

Total Size: 3968 bytes

            992 values

Number of Dimensions: 2

Dimensions and sizes:   [32] x [31]

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Orestis

Orestis Speyer, MSc

Research Fellow, National Observatory of Athens
Institute for Environmental Research and Sustainable Development