[ncl-talk] Error message: SPI using Pearson Type III

Dawit Abebe dawit.kan at gmail.com
Mon May 29 08:19:26 MDT 2017

Hi all,

I set the SPI function to Pearson Type III but I’m getting error below. I’m using the ncl 6.4.0.

part of my code:

*opt          = True*
opt at spi_type <http://mailman.ucar.edu/mailman/listinfo/ncl-talk> = 3       ; calculate using Pearson III distribution

do k=0,klen-1
   print( "len: " + len(k) )
   spi(:,k,:,:) = dim_spi_n(prc, len(k), opt, 0) ;=> (nlat,mlon,ntim)
   printMinMax(spi(:,k,:,:),0)
end do

*error message:*

 *** ERROR *** ROUTINE SAMLMR : PARAMETER NMOM INVALID
 *** ERROR *** ROUTINE SAMLMR : PARAMETER NMOM INVALID
 *** ERROR *** ROUTINE SAMLMR : PARAMETER NMOM INVALID
 *** ERROR *** ROUTINE SAMLMR : PARAMETER NMOM INVALID
 *** ERROR *** ROUTINE SAMLMR : PARAMETER NMOM INVALID
 *** ERROR *** ROUTINE SAMLMR : PARAMETER NMOM INVALID
 *** ERROR *** ROUTINE SAMLMR : PARAMETER NMOM INVALID
 *** ERROR *** ROUTINE SAMLMR : PARAMETER NMOM INVALID

When I set the opt option to False (Gamma Type) the errors are not there.

I would very much appreciate if any one help me understand what this error means and how can I fix the problem.

Thank you so much
Dawit