[ncl-talk] Wind vector time-series

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Wed May 24 14:46:27 MDT 2017

Hi Adam, Guido

Thanks for pointing me to the relevant example.

I'm still not sure how to supply my wind speed and wind direction to
gsn_vector() function here - as it expects 2d U and V variables which are
probably over a map. However, I only want to plot the time-series of wind
vectors at a given lat-lon point. I have u and v arrays extracted something
like this- U(:,0,J,I) and V(:,0,J,I) and have calculated the wind speed and
wind direction arrays based on these two arrays. So I only have 1-d arrays
with me.

Thanks

Tabish

Tabish U Ansari
PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster Univeristy
Bailrigg, Lancaster,
LA1 4YW, United Kingdom