[ncl-talk] Grib2 files on OpenDAP

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu May 11 15:05:16 MDT 2017

Kevin,

Sorry for the delay.

I can't get onto the CentOS 6.8 system at the moment, but I have a new
Sierra "ncl" executable for you to try.

To get the test executable:

wget ftp.ucar.edu:/pub/scd/haley/ncl_fix_sierra

Once you have the file, move it to $NCARG_ROOT/bin and make sure it is
executable. You can call it whatever you like:

    chmod gou+x ncl_fix_sierra
    mv ncl_fix_sierra $NCARG_ROOT/bin/.

Now you can use this new "ncl.fix" executable instead of the one already
installed on your system:

    ncl_fix_sierra  your_script.ncl

If you are comfortable that this executable works, you can replace your old
ncl executable with this new one. You should first make a copy of your old
one:

   cd $NCARG_ROOT/bin
   mv $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.old
   mv $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl_fix_sierra $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl

It will have a weird version, because this is pre-alpha version:

6.4.1-11Mayk2017_1416

--Mary