[ncl-talk] MODIS variable not plotting

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri May 5 13:32:36 MDT 2017

Hi Nisha,
Are you getting any error messages? If not, it would help to see your
script. Also, it might be helpful to run the data array that you are
plotting through stat_dispersion so that you are aware of what your data
(in a general sense) looks like:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/stat_dispersion.shtml
As always, please respond to the ncl-talk email list with any followup
correspondance..
Adam

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Manisha Ganeshan <
manisha.ganeshan86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to plot cloud fraction by reading from a MODIS hdf file. I am
> able to view contour plots of lat and lon, but not cloud fraction. I've
> tried converting it from byte to float/double. I only see a blank viewport
> without any contours. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Nisha
>
> --