[ncl-talk] Error-ecmwf slp plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu May 4 14:54:56 MDT 2017

Hi Guarav,
I am not a WRF expert, but I'm wondering if you want to specify "slp" as
the desired diagnostic that you want out of wrf_user_getvar.
Try changing this:
slp = wrf_user_getvar(a,"msl",it)
to this:
slp = wrf_user_getvar(a,"slp",it)

See the documentation here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_getvar.shtml

If I am wrong on that advice let the ncl-talk email list know.
Adam

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Gaurav Tiwari <gaurav16 at iiserb.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am plotting sea level pressure of ECMWF data in NCL which is showing
> very different values after comparison with same plot from other tool. Both
> plots and ncl script are attached below.
> Kindly someone help me how I can correct these differences from ncl plot.
>
> gaurav

Adam Phillips