[ncl-talk] addfiles

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Wed May 3 16:39:49 MDT 2017

Hello:

I am reading the variable fr from a series of files using addfiles.
All the files have the same file size.

fr = f[:]->ice_path_flashrate

Variable: fr
Type: float
Total Size: 3140223944 bytes
            785055986 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [Time | 121] x [nCells | 6488066]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 2
  units : fl. mn^{-1}
  long_name : Lightning flash rate as function of ice water path

I modify the variable fr and I want to write the modified variable
back to each file. This does not seem to work. I tried:

f[:]->ice_path_flashrate = fr

The original sourcecode can be found in
/glade2/scratch2/laura/MPAS.hwt2017/2017042900/plots/correct.fr_icepath.ncl

A hint would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Laura

--