[ncl-talk] NCL X11 problem

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 31 07:41:51 MDT 2017

Hi,

We have seen issues with X11 on machines that have embedded Intel graphics
processors. The behavior is that the plot is incompletely drawn, and if you
run the script several times back-to-back, you may see the plot is drawn to
varying/random levels of (in)completeness.

I unfortunately don't know an easy way to tell what graphics hardware you
have, short of either i) knowing the detailed specs of your machine, or ii)
browsing through the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file.

If you determine you have an Intel GPU on your machine, you might make sure
you have their latest graphics drivers installed.

Rick