[ncl-talk] U-wind anomalies in mjoclivar_9

Sujata Mandke amin at tropmet.res.in
Thu Mar 23 05:29:01 MDT 2017

Dear NCL community,
Greetings!
   I have searched ncl-talk archives before posting this question to the list,
but did not find answer.  It is simple question.
   Daily anomalies of U-wind at 850hPa are used as input data in the
example script mjoclivar_9.ncl on NCL website. Are these anomalies
calculated using raw daily climatology or smooth daily climatology?.
I had used this ncl script for some model data.

  In the plots obtained from mjoclivar_9.ncl script using model data,
U-wind is not showing correct propagation while precipitation is showing
northward propagation. I had used daily U-wind anomalies calculated from
raw daily climatology. I am attaching plot for GFDL-HIRAM-C-180 model
precipitation and U-wind at 850hPa for summer season with this mail.

I am using NCL version 6.1.2 on linux machine.
Please help in this regard.
Any suggestion would be of great help.
 Thanks.
With best regards
Dr. Sujata Mandke
--
Dr. Sujata Mandke
scientist,Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology