[ncl-talk] Scatter plot with density

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 20 07:50:19 MDT 2017

Yes.

  res at gsnDraw        = False        ; Don't draw plots
  res at gsnFrame        = False        ; Don't advance frame

[1] Scatter plot your values
        scatter =

[2] Overlay a contour. Something like
     res at trGridType    = "TriangularMesh"
     res at sfXArray       = x_location_of-each_point  ; [*]
     res at sfYArray       = y_location_of-each_point  ; [*]

  res at cnLevelSelectionMode        = "ManualLevels"
  res at cnMinLevelValF              =
  res at cnMaxLevelValF              =
  res at cnLevelSpacingF             =

  res at cnFillOn                    = True
; see: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/color_table_gallery.shtml
;;res at cnFillPalette               = "..."  ; if not specified use default
color map

  res at cnLinesOn                   = True or False
  res at cnLineLabelsOn              = True or False

   contour_scatter = gsn_csm_contour(wks,data,res)

  overlay(scatter,contour_scatter)