[ncl-talk] Question about regrid 1) different commands get different results; 2)input emission amount or emission intensity

Ziyuan Wang 1301111586 at pku.edu.cn
Fri Mar 3 14:18:25 MST 2017

Hi ncl-talk members

Now I have an emission amount inventory (lat 33:73, lon -12:45), with
resolution 0.1*0.1, the emission variable E_HFC_1234 is the emission amount
of each grid with unit Mg, as 'HFC.nc' show. I want to interpolate to lower
resolution 1*1.

1. I tried 3 different commands: "linint2", "
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/area_conserve_remap_
Wrap.shtml> area_conserve_remap_Wrap", and "area_hi2lores_Wrap" But three
return results are different (try in regrid.ncl)

2) The input "fi" of each command should be the emission amout? or the
emission intensity of each grid? Do I need to calculate E_HFC_1234 into
emission intensity, by dividing the area of each grid? If so, which command
can I use to calculate area?

Thanks

Best

Ziyuan