[ncl-talk] Memory leak with grib2 files

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 30 15:43:08 MDT 2017

Hi Dave A.,

I just uploaded a new development build of NCL to the “ncar" conda channel. If you do not have Anaconda/Miniconda/“conda” installed already, please refer to our conda installation instructions <http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/conda.shtml>.

Once conda is installed (if it wasn’t already), could you please try running the following commands to create a new conda environment, activate it, and check the version of NCL:
conda create -n ncl_dev -c ncar -c conda-forge ncl=dev
source activate ncl_dev
ncl -V

The version string reported by NCL should be "dev_20170629-9b3b2ff”.

Also, while the NCL package itself is on the “ncar” channel, all of its dependencies (NetCDF, HDF, GRIB, etc) are on “conda-forge”, which is why “-c conda-forge” is included in the “conda create …” command.

Thanks,
Kevin