[ncl-talk] memory leak when using list variables

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 30 09:37:21 MDT 2017

Hi Andy,

I would say that's not normal behavior. Thanks for the script that so
clearly demonstrates the behavior. I will file a bug report and let you
know the tracking number. It does seem related to specifying the slices
directly in the list creation; as a work-around, the following works OK:

   a = x(0,:)
   b = y(0,:)
   c = z(0,:)
   list1 = [/a,b,c/]
   delete(list1)

Hope the helps...and thanks for calling out the problem.
Rick