[ncl-talk] Question about regressing a time series and a gridded data using regCoef_n

Lyndon Mark Olaguera olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 00:28:17 MDT 2017

Dear NCL experts,

I am trying to calculate the linear regression coefficient between a single
time series and a gridded sst using the regCoef_n in ncl. I am using ncl
v.6.4.

Attached is my script and the text file that I am regressing. Here is the
link to the sst data:

[Link to the data]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9faET7Bc2o8TjNSWnd1ODREcVU/view?usp=sharing

What I wanted to do:

1. I want to extract and plot significant coefficients (above 95%
confidence level), so I have this line in the script:

 df = rc at nptxy-2 ; degrees of freedom
 tval = rc at tval ; t-statistic
 b = tval ; b must be same size as tval (and df)
 b = 0.5
* prob = betainc(df/(df+tval^2),df/2.0,b) *
* rc95 = where(prob.lt.0.95,rc at _FillValue,rc)*

I encountered an error after this:

*fatal:where: condition variable (parameter 0) dimension mismatch with
parameter 2*

I understand that the *"prob"* variable has only one dimension and the "
*rc"* has 2 dimensions (lat & lon).

Is it possible to assign coordinates to "prob" similar to "rc" other than
the copyVarCoords?

I'll appreciate any suggestions on how to do this correctly.

Sincerely,

Lyndz