[ncl-talk] Plotting multiple files with different names

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 14 08:55:15 MDT 2017

Hi Barry,

Thanks for sharing this!

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to generate a title for all
plots.

If you are talking about for the paneled plots, then you can set the
txString resource (old way) or the gsnPanelMainString resource (new way, in
V6.4.0).  I see that you have both of these lines commented out though:

; resP at gsnPanelMainString = "A plot with a common label bar"

                                                 ; use this for NCL V6.3.0
and earlier
; resP at txString           = "A plot with a common label bar"

If you are talking about titles for individual plots, then you want to use
"tiMainString", which I see you have set to " ":

    res1 at tiMainString         = " "

Am I misunderstanding your question?

By the way, in the next release of NCL (6.5.0) we will have an "elseif"
statement.  You will be able to change this code:

  if (i_file.eq.0)then
    filename = dirWRF(n)+"/"+wrfname2
  end if
  if (i_file.eq.1)then