[ncl-talk] writing netcdf files similar to wrfout files

Behnke, Ruben ruben.behnke at mso.umt.edu
Mon Jun 12 14:00:40 MDT 2017

Hi,

   I'm trying to write out netcdf files in a similar way to wrfout files, so that the data can be easily plotted (using the attached Temp_Wind.ncl script).  Right now, I'm adding the 2d lat and lon variables from the wrfout files as two variables ('lat' and 'lon') and as variable attributes (lines 967 to 1017 in Summarize_Daily_New_d02.ncl) to the other variables (such as albedo), but plotting is still not working.  Is there a correct way to do this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ruben Behnke