[ncl-talk] different results with different systems

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 6 10:45:31 MDT 2017

Michael,

Would you please subdivide this problem?  Your script is complicated.  Is
the difference occurring in the way you are reading and processing the data
for the contour field, or within the NCL plot function?

Immediately before calling the plot function, try dumping the contour field
data by itself to a Netcdf test file.  Something like this:

    testf = addfile ("smtest.nc","c")
    testf->sm = sm(n,:,:)
    exit

You might need to change the do loop, or use an if statement, to capture
the intended loop iteration.

Then compare the file smtest.nc between the two systems.  If the two files
are different, then the problem is within your data processing.

--Dave