[ncl-talk] Plotting Lat/Lon Points on a map

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 1 14:45:41 MDT 2017

Mary,

That sounds good.  I suggest that you aim for fairly high accuracy, better
than this apparent 100 meter discrepancy between GADM U.S. states and
Google Earth.  There seems to be a general trend for higher resolution data
and graphics, and it would help if NCL graphics could keep up with this
curve.  Thanks for working on this.

Perhaps you could switch your built-in outline features to something like a
shapefile-based system, rather than the home grown NCARG system that has
been used for a long time.  I don't know how much work that would be, but
it might make outline updates easier in the long run.

--Dave

<snip>