[ncl-talk] plot IWP with small values

Marston Johnston shejo284 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 14:05:56 MDT 2017

HI Adam,

Thanks for the clarification. That’s exactly what I was looking for ☺

/M

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marston S. Johnston, PhD

Department of Earth Sciences

University of Gothenburg, Sweden

Email: marston.johnston at gu.se

SkypeID: marston.johnston

Phone: +46-31-7864901

Only the fruitful thing is true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli at ucar.edu>
Date: Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 18:07
To: Marston Johnston <shejo284 at gmail.com>
Cc: NCL-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu>
Subject: Re: [ncl-talk] plot IWP with small values

Hi Marston,

I believe NCL will always assign linear contours, but you can always alter that behavior by explicitly setting the contour levels yourself:

res at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"

res at cnLevels = (/.0000001,.000001,.00001,0.0001,.001,.01,.1,1,10/)

If that isn't what you are after let ncl-talk know..

Adam