[ncl-talk] Fwd: add maker on a contour figure

Jiaoyan Huang huangj1311 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 08:23:09 MDT 2017

Thank you, I take out the plot index and it works. I was trying to loop
over certain cases for same plots. Anyway it works, so I can re-organize my
script.

Joey

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Guido Cioni <guidocioni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Joey,
> without going into details I may have a solution for your problem. You
> have to assign every call of gsn_add_polymarker to a unique variable in
> order to plot all the points. Instead of doing
>
> gsn_add_polymarker(wks,plots(k),lon2,lat2,mkres)
>
> you should do something like this
>
>  marker = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,plots(k),lon2,lat2,mkres)
>
> I also see that you are using an index k for plots which has dimension 1
> and then creating a panel with just 1 plot...Is there any specific reason?
> This may also be the cause :) Try to simplify things.
>
> Try this before and let the list know whether it helps or not so that we
> can see whether the error is somewhere else.
> Cheers
>
> On 12. Jul 2017, at 15:18, Jiaoyan Huang <huangj1311 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <plot_delta_annual_narrow.ncl>
>

> Guido Cioni
> http://guidocioni.altervista.org

Jiaoyan Huang (Joey)
Atmospheric Science | Air Quality Engineer | Data Analysis | Modeling
I wish to leave a clean earth to our next generation

jiaoyanh at email.unc.edu <jiaoyanh at ad.unc.edu>
100 Europa Drive, Suite 490
Chapel Hill, NC 27517