[ncl-talk] Wrong with overlaying wind vectors on contour plots (X-axis is Longtitude and Y-axis is Pressue(Height))

Zhu CE lovingzhuce at 163.com
Fri Jul 7 23:16:01 MDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I am trying to draw plots which overlay wind vectors on contour plots.

Here, the X-axis is Longtitude and Y-axis is Pressue(Height).

When I used wplot1 = gsn_csm_vector(wks,UGRD(:,232,:),WGRD(:,232,:),resV) and overlay(plot1,wplot1) to draw plot, a wrong figure I have gotten, only U-wind was drawn and no W-wind was drawn.

What did I do wrong? Could you help me? Thanks a lot.

P.S. Attachments are NCL script and the wrong figure.

Zhu