[ncl-talk] gsn_csm_streamline_scalar_map segmentation fault

Meina Wang mnawang at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 5 18:14:05 MDT 2017

Dear All,

I wanted to use the function "gsn_csm_streamline_scalar_map" to plot wind
streamline using U and V, with color-coded scaler field sqrt(U^2+V^2), but
got "segmentation fault".  I then switched to function "gsn_csm
_vector_scalar_map_ce" to do wind barb plot instead using the same data and
it worked well.  I have previously used the streamline function and had no
problem at all, so I'm wondering if any of you recently ran into the
same "segmentation
fault" issue as I did.  Is it the internal code of the function crashed?
Thank you.

P.S. I'm using the NCL version 6.4.0. and ran on Linux machine with gcc (
Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3) 4.8.4

Best,
Meina

--