[ncl-talk] Overlay wind vectors on orthographic map

Lyndon Mark Olaguera olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 01:23:18 MDT 2017

Dear NCL-experts,

I am trying to overlay wind vectors over an orthographic map but I am
getting the following warning messages:

warning:cnFillOn is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this time
warning:cnLineLabelsOn is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this time
warning:cnLevelSelectionMode is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this
time
warning:cnMinLevelValF is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this time
warning:cnMaxLevelValF is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this time
warning:cnLevelSpacingF is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this time
warning:cnFillDrawOrder is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this time
warning:cnLinesOn is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this time
warning:cnFillPalette is not a valid resource in proj_vector at this time

Also, when I try to use the *"LineArrow"* as a glyph style, the color of
the arrows are "blue" and ignores whatever I set in *res at vcLineArrowColor =
"black".* I also tried using "*FilledArrow" *as the glyph style and this
solves the issue. Nonetheless, I want to know why the first one (LineArrow
glyph style) does not work and also the warning messages.

I'll appreciate any suggestion on how I can do this correctly in NCL.

I am attaching my script and the output here.
The sample data sets that I am using can be found in this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vwk894gkyof082/sample_data.zip?dl=0

Lyndz