[ncl-talk] NARR *diagonal* cross section lat/lon labels

Kacie Shourd Kacie.Shourd at dri.edu
Sat Jan 28 15:43:38 MST 2017

Hi NCL-talk!

I have been trying endlessly to plot NARR cross sections via user specified points (like in the narr_5.ncl example) with typical -180 through 180 lat/lon values along the y-axis (like in the narr_6.ncl example).

The issue arises when attempting to use gc_latlon to reorder lons by using the negative option in the last resource and then use the data with linint2_points_Wrap to make specific cross sections. Since NARR is not on a global rectilinear grid, the lonFlip and lonPivot functions do not seem to work in changing the variables' lons from 0-360 to -180-180 in order for xi and xo to match in linint2_points_Wrap and have the correct lon labels printed. I had hoped I might be able to regrid/project the variable onto a global grid somehow, but this doesn't seem possible.

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions/bits of code to reorder longitude values on a NON-global rectilinear grid??

Thanks!!
Kacie

---
Kacie N. Shourd
드림

Graduate Research Assistant
Desert Research Institute
Kacie.Shourd at dri.edu<mailto:Kacie.Shourd at dri.edu>
Work: (775) 674-7049

PUBLIC RECORDS NOTICE: In accordance with NRS Chapter 239, this email and responses, unless otherwise made confidential by law, may be subject to the Nevada Public Records laws and may be disclosed to the public upon request.