[ncl-talk] White Squares within my map

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 27 15:02:31 MST 2017

Barry,

It's hard to tell where these white areas could be coming from.

If you are drawing filled contours and one of your contour colors is white,
then it could be coming from a data value that's in that particular range.

If you are drawing filled contours that potentially contain missing values,
then that could be a missing value area.

If you are drawing contours masked by another field, which it looks like
you are doing, it could be the result of that other field masking it out.

These white areas appear to be somewhat aligned with some kind of outline
that looks like a map outline.  Since you are applying various masks, my
guess is one of your masking calls is calling this.

I suggest commenting out one or more of your mask calls to see if the white
square go away, then you will know which call is causing it.

--Mary