[ncl-talk] Fwd: contour plot misalignment

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 25 22:16:08 MST 2017

Marston,

There could be a few things going on here.

One is simply that your lat/lon values are not quite correct.

Are you setting tfDoNDCOverlay to True by any chance? If you are trying to
use a native projection and you don't have the native projection parameters
set exactly right, then the plot can be slightly misaligned.

One thing I would suggest is plotting the observational lat/lon values as
markers on your second plot to see if they are also misaligned with the
coastlines. You should be able to use gsn_add_polymarker to plot the
markers.

Finally, as usual, if you can provide the data for the observational plot,
and a script, then I can take a look.

--Mary