[ncl-talk] Trying to plot wrfout with Mercator projection, gives LCC anyway

Ryan Connelly rconne01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:29:01 MST 2017

I'm following this page as a guide:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrfmerc.shtml

I've added the following lines to my script:

; Plotting options for limited area Mercator projection plot consistent
across domains

  mpres at tfDoNDCOverlay        = True        ; set True for native (direct)
mapping

  mpres at mpProjection      = "Mercator"
  mpres at mpLimitMode           = "Corners"
  mpres at mpRightCornerLatF = 41.22405
  mpres at mpLeftCornerLonF = -72.25338
  mpres at mpLeftCornerLatF = 36.38864
  mpres at mpRightCornerLonF = -78.62663

And I call the plot like this:
 plot = wrf_map_overlays(a,wks,(/contour/),pltres,mpres)

I get the correct lat,lon corners, but on an LCC plot, not a Mercator.
Please advise.

Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University
rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu