[ncl-talk] Question about Spectral Analysis(computation of variance)

Lyndon Mark Olaguera olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 22:47:50 MST 2017

Dear Sir Dennis,

Many thanks for the reply. I really thought that the iopt in the
specx_anal() function would remove the mean annual cycle (should be in
terms of anomalies!).
I misunderstood this. :-(

I followed your suggestions above and rerun the script (detrend and use
anomalies). The new output is attached in this email.

The variance/freq is still very large (~600).

Many thanks for the help.

*Lyndon Mark P. Olaguera*