[ncl-talk] Dimensionality Issue

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sat Jan 14 16:41:06 MST 2017

Hi Forrest,

I think part of the problem is that you are using wrf_xxxx plotting
routines to plot data that is not specifically WRF output data.  You are
opening a GRIB2 file, and I don't think those files have the same
information that's normally on a WRF output file, which is required if you
are going to use wrf_contour or wrf_map_overlays.

I suggest using gsn_csm_contour_map to plot your data.

Please go to:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/plot_data_on_map.shtml

I think the third example might be of some help:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/plot_data_on_map.shtml#ex3

If this is a WRF grib file, then this might be a useful one to add our to
examples suite, to help users like yourself who want to plot this kind of
data. I would be happy to help you create one, and would need the data
files in order to do this.

--Mary