[ncl-talk] Dimensionality Issue

Black, Forrest (LARC-D318)[UNIVERSITIES SPACE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION] forrest.black at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 13 14:09:45 MST 2017

Hi all,

I am using NCL V6.3.0 to plot the difference between two RAP datasets.

Unfortunately, I keep getting the error:
fatal:Number of dimensions in parameter (2) of (wrf_contour) is (1), (2) dimensions were expected
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 63 in file diff1.ncl

Attached is the script as well as the variable information. The variable it is referring to is UGRD_P0_L7_GLC0 wind u-vector and it has only two dimensions.
I have looked at some previous forum discussions without success after using suggestions from those.

Thank you for your help,

-        Forrest