[ncl-talk] Reading in .ieeer8 file and plotting it with NCL

Hughlett, Taylor M taylor.hughlett at uta.edu
Thu Jan 5 10:20:29 MST 2017

Hi Dennis,

I was able to track down some specifics about the file I am trying to plot:

  1.  It was created with fortran on a big-endian system
  2.  There are 2, 12 month records for a 384x320 horizontal grid
     *   SSS(1:384,1:320,1:12)
     *   FLXIO(1:384,1:320,1:12)
  3.  The file is double-precision and direct-access

With this information, I am assuming that I will need to use fbindirread to read in the file, and from there it is just a matter of making sure I grab the right record (FLXIO).

Is there anything else I need to take into consideration?

Thank you for all of your help!

Cheers,
Taylor M Hughlett, Ph.D.
UTA Earth and Environmental Sciences