[ncl-talk] different orientations depending on output png or eps, wrf_overlays

xiaoming Hu yuanfangcan at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:18:31 MST 2017

Interesting, I got different orientations depending on output png or eps. If I output png, I got portrait, but I got landscape if I output eps.

See my output figure

http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/WRF-UCM/FocusON_OKC/WRFV3.7.1/with_rr_fixed/wrfNARR2d_UCM_Snudge_WangRec53wave.2002_2015Mean/wrfout_d02_W_crossSN90_2ndMax_smooth_partial_8.png

http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/WRF-UCM/FocusON_OKC/WRFV3.7.1/with_rr_fixed/wrfNARR2d_UCM_Snudge_WangRec53wave.2002_2015Mean/wrfout_d02_W_crossSN90_2ndMax_smooth_partial_8.eps

See my script:

http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/WRF-UCM/FocusON_OKC/WRFV3.7.1/with_rr_fixed/wrfNARR2d_UCM_Snudge_WangRec53wave.2002_2015Mean/wrf_CrossSection_WSPplusVecter_positive90tilt_smooth_for2ndMax_combine_another.ncl

I tried a few resources (including gsnPaperOrientation,  wkOrientation = "portrait" ) to rotate the eps orientation, but all failed. Currently landscape, I want portrait.

Any suggestions?

 Thanks a lot!

Xiaoming