[ncl-talk] gc_latlon question

Matthew Fearon Matthew.Fearon at dri.edu
Tue Jan 3 15:47:30 MST 2017

Just curious if there is a simple way (without a loop) to find the true surface distance between two coordinate pairs where the lat and lon arrays are one dimensional but of unequal size (eg, as on some rectilinear grids)? For example, nlat=200 and nlon=300.

I see how gc_latlon works for equal size lat/lon arrays that are 1 or 2D.

Is the best approach to pad my 1-D lat array with fillvalues to make it of equal size to the lon array?

thanks,
Matt

PUBLIC RECORDS NOTICE: In accordance with NRS Chapter 239, this email and responses, unless otherwise made confidential by law, may be subject to the Nevada Public Records laws and may be disclosed to the public upon request.