[ncl-talk] "RasterFill" not plotting field

Ryan Connelly rconne01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:32:31 MST 2017

Hi Mary,

Surprisingly, it started plotting when I got into the office today.  I
don't know either; it must be a Christmas miracle.

But now I have a new problem.  I have my MGPV variable subset to just
negative values using "where", and want to plot the resultant field of only
negative MGPV values in gold.  However, when using RasterFill, it defaults
to plotting in pink, no matter what I try.  I do the same process with RH,
but since it is not a RasterFill, is plots in green as expected.  If I add
the line opts at cnFillMode                = "RasterFill" to the relative
humidity opts, it overrides my request and plots in clown colors, so I know
that this is an error specific to RasterFill plotting.  I suspect it may be
a bug.  Below are my opts for MGPV plotting, which I would like to appear
in solid color gold:

; Plotting options for mgpv
        opts_pv = res
        opts_pv at cnLineLabelsOn = False
        opts_pv at cnConstFLabelPerimOn = False
        opts_pv at cnLabelMasking = True
        opts_pv at cnInfoLabelOn = False
        opts_pv at cnLineLabelPerimOn = False
        opts_pv at cnLinesOn = False
        opts_pv at pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = -0.07
        opts_pv at cnFillMode                = "RasterFill"
        opts_pv at cnFillOn                = True
        opts_pv at cnRasterSmoothingOn     = True
        opts_pv at lbLabelBarOn    = False ; Do not display label bar
        opts_pv at cnMonoFillColor = True
        opts_pv at cnFillColor = "gold"
        fill_mgpv = wrf_contour(a,wks,neg_mgpv,opts_pv)

Thanks,
Ryan

rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu