[ncl-talk] New York Map issue(s)

Bassill, Nicholas nbassill at albany.edu
Tue Feb 21 07:54:39 MST 2017

Hi Barry,
   It's sort of a cheating method. I have point data, that I want to interpolate to a grid so I can map it (say, temperature). Since I can choose the grid I map it to, I merely pick a grid that happens to have a western border of exactly where the NY western border *should* be.

Here's the relevant section of my script:

sitefile  = "currenttemp.dat"

sitedata = asciiread(sitefile,-1,"string")

delim = ","

sitelats  = tofloat(str_get_field(sitedata,1,delim))

sitelons  = tofloat(str_get_field(sitedata,2,delim))

sitetemp  = tofloat(str_get_field(sitedata,3,delim))

lonmin = -79.76332855224604

lonmax = -71.85635375976562

latmin = 40.4

latmax = 45.1

newlons = fspan(lonmin,lonmax,200)

newlats = fspan(latmin,latmax,200)

latsize=(dimsizes(newlats))

lonsize=(dimsizes(newlons))

newlons at units="degrees_east"

newlats at units="degrees_north"

newdata2 = dsgrid2(sitelats,sitelons,sitetemp,newlats,newlons)

newdata3 = natgrid(sitelats,sitelons,sitetemp,newlats,newlons)

newdata = (newdata3+newdata2)/2   ; take average

newdata!0="lat"

newdata!1="lon"

newdata&lon = newlons

newdata&lat = newlats

newdata at _FillValue = -999

Nick Bassill, PhD

Modeler & Meteorologist, New York State Mesonet

LC SB-28, 1400 Washington Ave.,

SUNY, University at Albany, NY 12222

(518) 442-6375

http://nysmesonet.org/