[ncl-talk] Bug in time_axis_labels function?

Douglas Lowe Douglas.Lowe at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 12:13:07 MST 2017

Hi All,

I am using the time_axis_labels function to generate more user-readable
labels for my plots, and have found a strange bug in this function, in which
it seems to only create labels for about 1/3 of the values I pass it - but the
values that it chooses to work for seem quite random.

I have created a small script to demonstrate this - see attached. I have tested
this script in versions 6.3.0 and 6.1.2 on OSX, and both give the same result:
(0)	Jul-12 00
(1)	Jul-12 18
(2)	Jul-13 12
(3)	Jul-14 06
(4)	Jul-15 00
(5)	Jul-15 18
(there should be labels for 00, 06, 12, and 18 hours on the 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th)

Why is this happening, and how can it be fixed?

Thanks,
Doug