[ncl-talk] Daily Average (MJJASO; 15 years) of subsetted time series

Lyndon Mark Olaguera olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 02:32:33 MST 2017

Dear fellow NCL Users,

I would like to calculate the average time series after calculating the
EOF's for MJJASO (May to October) from 1979-1993.

Here's the link to the data that I am working with. Also I attached the
script in this email.

[Link to the daily anomalies] https://drive.google.com/file/d/
0B9faET7Bc2o8eHZKSi1qX3JLeFU/view?usp=sharing

*QUESTION*

I was able to subset the filtered data using the following:

;************************************************
;Subset MJJASO
;**********************************************
*  yyyymm  = YMD/100*
*  yyyy    = YMD/10000*
*  mm      = yyyymm-(yyyy*100)*

*  imd     = ind(mm.ge.5.and.mm.le.10)*
*  mjjaso  = y(:,:,imd*)

  t       = mjjaso&time

  tsub    = cd_calendar(t,-2)

  eof    = eofunc_Wrap(mjjaso,neof, False)
  eof_ts = eofunc_ts_Wrap(mjjaso,eof,False)   * ; [evn | 3] x [time | 2760]*

[1] After eof_ts, I would like to calculate the "averaged" time series from
1979-1993. So the output should be 184 time steps (daily average MJJASO).
As of now, I am saving the output as an ascii file then sort per year
before getting the final average.
*Is there an easy way to implement this in the script?*

I will appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

*Lyndon Mark P. Olaguera*