[ncl-talk] OpenDAP on MacOS Sierra

Capehart, William J William.Capehart at sdsmt.edu
Tue Feb 14 12:31:51 MST 2017

Hi All:

Is anyone able to get NCL 6.3.0 to work with OpenDAP with addfile() on MacOS 10.12.2?

I am getting an error when opening offsite catalog files.  (It works fine on Linux though.)

Unfortunately, I’m not getting any error statement beyond the

fatal:Could not open (http://convection.meas.ncsu.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/prism/daily/combo/2015/PRISM_combo_20151231.nc)

Example:
 testfile_name = "http://convection.meas.ncsu.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/prism/daily/combo/2015/PRISM_combo_20151231.nc"
 f = addfile(testfile_name,"r")
fatal:Could not open (http://convection.meas.ncsu.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/prism/daily/combo/2015/PRISM_combo_20151231.nc)

Thanks Much
Bill

Bill Capehart <William.Capehart at sdsmt.edu>   Associate Professor
Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences            Program Director
Civil and Environmental Engineering             Hydrometeorology
201 Mineral Industries Building
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology     Skype: wcapehart
501 East Saint Joseph Street                 Ph: +1-605-394-1994
Rapid City, SD 57701-3995                Mobile: +1-605-484-5692