[ncl-talk] wrf domain location

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 13 09:45:36 MST 2017

Matt,

NCL is plotting this data correctly as far as I can tell.

When I'm debugging a WRF plot, I usually like to plot the HGT variable,
because then I can usually tell if the map projection is correct.  I also
like to plot the lat/lon locations (from XLAT and XLONG on the file) as
filled dots on the plot, so I can see where the actual plot area is.

I took your script and modified it to do both a native filled contour/map
(calling wrf_map_resources) and a non native filled contour/map (using
XLAT/XLONG read off the file).

Both plots indicate that this data is indeed over the eastern part of the
U.S. See attached modified scripts and PNGs.

--Mary