[ncl-talk] About local time (UTC+9)

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 9 10:15:54 MST 2017

Oops, my mistake.  Can you please tell me whether the input file contains
numeric time coordinates, or only character time coordinates?  It is much
easier to calculate offset times if the numeric time coordinates are
already calculated.

Right after addfile, try printFileVarSummary (in, "U").  If tjhat does not
work, try printFileVarSummary (in, "UU").  The first subscript in the
variable gets you the name of the time dimension.

Then try printFileVarSummary (in, "TIME") where you replace TIME with the
actual name of the time dimension.  Then please show us the output from
only that command.

If that does not work, you can try manually searching for a numeric time
coordinate.  print (in) shows you a summary of all variables in the file.
Scroll through that list by pressing the space bar until you get to the
end.  Look for a variable with "time" in the name; a numeric type such as
double, float, or integer; and units attribute like "days since" or "hours
since".  Then show the complete printed description for that variable.

--Dave