[ncl-talk] how to extract how to extract data in radial extents using wrf ouputs

nafiseh pegahfar pegahfar at inio.ac.ir
Sat Dec 30 03:33:09 MST 2017

From: "nafiseh pegahfar" <pegahfar at inio.ac.ir>

To: ncl-talk at ucar.edu
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:54:36 +0330
Subject: how to extract how to extract data in radial extents using wrf
ouputs

To whom it may concern,
Sorry taking up your time.
I use WRF outputs with 6-km resolution.
I need to extract data from 20 km away from a TC center that its lat/lon is
known. I need a radial extents around TC center. Since WRF outputs has
square grid I dont know how to extract the needed data. For square domains,
I used U=a->U(:,:,-(eye_lat)-5:eye_lat+5,:), but how to do for radial
domain.
It would be appreciated if any one help me in this issue.

Best Regards
Nafiseh Pegahfar
Assistant Professor
Iranian National Institute for Oceanography and Atmospheric Science
(http://www.inio.ac.ir)
Phone: (0098)21- 66944873-5 Ext. 224
Fax: (0098)21- 66944869
Email: (pegahfar at inio.ac.ir)