[ncl-talk] exact location of a lat/lon coodrinates in the grid-box

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 22 11:42:31 MST 2017

Dear Athanasios,

It depends.

There are three contouring methods: AreaFill (the default), RasterFill, and
CellFill.

For these methods, lat=20, lon=20 will represent the center of the box,
except for one special case.

For RasterFill, if you set sfXArray and sfYArray to arrays that have one
more element than the dimensions of your data array, then the lat/lon
points will represent the corners of a box, rather than the center.

I've created a sample NCL script that shows the three methods, plus the
fourth RasterFill method with the corners method. This script uses dummy
data, so you should be able to run it as is.

--Mary