[ncl-talk] Reading a large netcdf file

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 18 08:05:11 MST 2017

When you have a file issue, you should include some information:

(a) what what either of the fillowing show?

%> ncl_filedump tas_day_IPSL-CM5A-LR_rcp85_r1i1p1_20060101-22051231.rgrd.nc

or

%> ncdump -h tas_day_IPSL-CM5A-LR_rcp85_r1i1p1_20060101-22051231.rgrd.nc

(b) what version of NCL are you using>

%> ncl -V

(c) your system info

%> uname -a

 fdir=“/root/dir4ncl/“
 fili="tas_day_IPSL-CM5A-LR_rcp85_r1i1p1_20060101-22051231.rgrd.nc"
 fn=addfile(fdir+fili,"r")
 buff=fn->tas
 print(“Data is stored”)