[ncl-talk] Help with line labels

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 15 16:28:20 MST 2017

Hi Laura,
I believe NCL will limit the drawing of line labels if it believes they
will come close to overlapping, although in this case I'm not sure why it
doesn't simply draw one for each line.
See example #5 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/contourLab.shtml#ex5
and try setting cnLineLabelPlacementMode = "constant"
and see if that helps. Other examples show how to make sure labels are
drawn on every line (as opposed to the default behavior of skipping every
other one.), along with other modifications.
Adam

Adam Phillips